The CVPC Heartworm Test / Prevention Policy
- As mentioned above, we must – by law – see or have seen your pet (there is no charge for this)
- If we (Carolina Value Pet Care) have tested your dog in the past 24 months and you have kept your dog continuously on heartworm medication (purchased either through us or another vet clinic), then you may purchase heartworm prevention.
- If we have seen your dog and you provide documentation (either a printed invoice or invoice on your cell phone) that your dog has been tested for heartworm disease within the past 12 months by another vet clinic… AND… documentation that shows the purchase of heartworm medication, then you may purchase heartworm prevention.
- If you provide a recent prescription for heartworm medication from another vet clinic, then you may purchase heartworm medication … even if we have never seen your dog!
- If it’s been more than 2 years since Carolina Value Pet Care has performed a heartworm test, then we must perform a heartworm test before we can dispense any medication
Carolina Value Pet Care will gladly accept returns for unused portions of products purchased from us as long as they are unopened and within their expiration date. The return value is prorated for the unused portion. You have the choice of either a credit towards another product or towards any services we offer … or you may choose a cash refund. Sorry, but we do not offer refunds for opened / partially used shampoos, sprays or nutritional supplements.
RX Dispensing Policy
In order to dispense prescription medication, we must — by law — see (or have seen) your pet at one of our events. The only exception is if you bring to us a recently written prescription from a another veterinarian.