ALL HEARTWORM MEDICATION is by PRESCRIPTION ONLY, so we must – by law – see (or have seen) your pet
THE CVPC HEARTWORM TEST / PREVENTION POLICY:
- As mentioned above, we must – by law – see or have seen your pet (there is no charge for this)
- If we (Carolina Value Pet Care) have tested your dog in the past 24 months and you have kept your dog continuously on heartworm medication (purchased either through us or another vet clinic), then you may purchase heartworm prevention.
- If we have seen your dog and you provide documentation (either a printed invoice or invoice on your cell phone) that your dog has been tested for heartworm disease within the past 12 months by another vet clinic … AND … documentation that shows the purchase of heartworm medication, then you may purchase heartworm prevention.
- If you provide (or send a scanned copy to us via email) a recent prescription for heartworm medication from another vet clinic, then you may purchase heart- worm medication … even if we have never seen your dog!
- If it’s been more than 2 years since Carolina Value Pet Care has performed a heartworm test, then we must perform a heartworm test before we can dispense any medication.