We now carry SKIN CARE PRODUCTS that we personally use and love (for our pets… not on ourselves)… at prices that YOU will love.
* KETO-C Shampoo 16oz – $23 – I recommend this Ketoconazole + Chlorhexidine shampoo for dogs that suffer from skin allergies resulting in YEAST and/or BACTERIAL INFECTIONS on the skin. When the skin is infected, I like to use it 2 times weekly, then taper use to once a week or as needed once the infection is under control. Make sure to leave it on the skin for a minimum of 15 minutes (I recommend 15 minutes… hoping pet owners will leave it on for at least 10 minutes!) before rinsing it off. REMEMBER: A little bit goes a long way. Using more shampoo is not as beneficial as the length of time it’s in contact with the skin.
* KETO-C Skin Wipes 50 count – $14.50 – This is an extremely valuable Ketoconazole + Chlorhexidine product for those dogs that have yeast infections on the skin/between the toes. It is also a good choice to use on those dogs that are very uncooperative getting a bath but have persistent yeast / bacterial infections on the skin in small areas of the body. For maximum benefit, be sure to rub it fairly vigorously into the skin… not just a gentle wipe. I think it is particularly useful for ‘yeasty’ feet and bellies and chest. I typically recommend using it twice a day for the first 7-1o days, then daily as needed.
* KETO-C Spray 8oz – $21 – Similar to the Shampoo and Skin Wipes in that it contains both Ketoconazole + Chlorhexidine, this is a very effective topical product for those dogs with yeast and bacterial infections of the skin. The spray is an excellent choice when the yeast and/or bacterial infection are fairly widespread over the body (when it would be impractical to use the Wipes). I recommend wearing gloves when using it ~ spray it onto affected areas of skin, then work it vigorously down into the skin. It’s best to apply twice a day for the first 7-14 days, then daily as needed.
* Pramox-1 + Oatmeal (Anti-itch) Shampoo 12oz – $18 – This is an excellent choice for really ITCHY DOGS that are fortunate enough not to have skin lesions and skin infection present. The active ingredient Pramoxine is a very safe topical anesthetic to take away the itchiness and discomfort associated with allergies. Expect benefit for 28 to 48 hours. As with other medicated shampoos, it is best to leave it on the skin for 15 minutes (absolute minimum of 10 minutes) for the most benefit. As mentioned above ~ REMEMBER: A little bit goes a long way. There are no detergents in the shampoo, so don’t expect a lot of lather. Using more shampoo is not as beneficial as the length of time it’s in contact with the skin.
* Aloe & Oatmeal Shampoo 16oz – $14.50 – This is an excellent gentle moisturizing shampoo with some anti-itching benefit. I consider it the best choice for all-purpose use. AND it can be used 2 or 3 times a week if you want or need to bathe your pet that often. It has a Coconut/Pina Colada scent to it. REMEMBER: A little bit goes a long way. There are no detergents in the shampoo, so don’t expect a lot of lather. Using more shampoo is not nearly as beneficial as the length of time it’s in contact with the skin.